Monday, October 1, 2012

KICK-OFF

1) the initial stage of something; start; beginning 
2) a place kick or a drop kick from the 40-yard of the team kicking at the beginning of the first and third quarters or after the team kicking has scored a touchdown or field goal

September 22nd marked the beginning of my second favorite season of the year (with summer being my first). Autumn is upon Seattle, in true “Indian Summer” fashion. Sunny, warmish days followed by breathtaking sunsets, as dusk tries to linger a little longer…slowly kiss summer good-bye.

I kicked-off fall in the best way I knew how — the Puyallup Fair style! We had a beautiful day packed with food, rides, games, and PLENTY of spectacular people watching. It has been five years since the last time I had the chance to visit the fair and it truly has not changed one bit. I definitely became quite nostalgic as I ate my elephant ear, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. The fair will continue to be a fall tradition.

This past weekend also marked the kick-off of the 2012-2013 year for theSeattle Area Pi Beta Phi Alum Club. This will be the second year I have been involved with the club, and although it is no substitute for my collegiate years as a Michigan Alpha, this club has been a true blessing! I have met many wonderful women through my involvement — friends, colleagues, mentors, and role models.
We kicked off the year with a “tail gating” themed, meet and greet style event, complete with a cooking demonstration provided by the head chef from Szmania’s. If this kick-off was a true taste of what this upcoming year of events will be like — I already want seconds!

Last but certainly not least…with fall brings FOOTBALL! I am excited to see what the season has in store for the Seahawks. Despite the fact that winning doesn’t seem to always be in our cards, I do enjoy the good company I have as I watch the games. And on that note, I must wrap up as it is almost time for…
KICK-OFF!


Photos (clockwise L to R) — 1: The Zipper! THE BEST amusement park ride 2: Dizzy Hips! Hula Hoop performer 
3: Waiting for the Zipper mayhem to ensue 4: BEST Scones…I may have purchased 15? 
5: The “Premier” Club dangle, for members of the Seattle Area Pi Beta Phi Alum club, in recognition of their high ranking status from Nationals

No comments: