2) to cause and guide the movement of (a vehicle, an animal,etc.)
3) to convey in a vehicle
4) to force to work or act
5) to impel; constrain; urge; compel
Another year -- another President's Day weekend celebrated with a girl time. I can't even explain how much I love three-day weekends that include a mini-road trip. They are the perfect opportunity to explore somewhere close and get you out of your normal weekend mode.
Despite the fact the weather (read: crazy pass conditions) tried to stop us from making it out to Yakima this year, we pushed through anyways. The drive was stressful and took double the amount of time it should have, but the trusty Subaru got us there in one piece.
Weekends with my girls are always filled with catching up, laughing, and wine-ing -- and I wouldn't have it any other way. I truly hope that we can continue this President's Day tradition. And if we are keeping the wine theme -- maybe next year will be Napa (OK-- maybe just Walla-Walla or somewhere in Oregon)?
Despite the fact the weather (read: crazy pass conditions) tried to stop us from making it out to Yakima this year, we pushed through anyways. The drive was stressful and took double the amount of time it should have, but the trusty Subaru got us there in one piece.
Weekends with my girls are always filled with catching up, laughing, and wine-ing -- and I wouldn't have it any other way. I truly hope that we can continue this President's Day tradition. And if we are keeping the wine theme -- maybe next year will be Napa (OK-- maybe just Walla-Walla or somewhere in Oregon)?
Also I have to share that while in Yakima, we tasted the BEST rosé I have EVER from Treveri Cellars. It was so good that our bride-to-be picked up six bottles for her wedding day -- and I bought one that I am saving for a special occasion. If you love sparking wine, everything at Treveri is good! Beyond the sparkling wine, we loved the food, service, atmosphere and the stories from our sommelier -- we stayed for hours just soaking it all in (or up?). If you aren't going to be in Yakima anytime soon but want to give these sparkling wines a try, we were told that Wine World in the University District carries Treveri Wines.
There are so many places to be explored right in your own backyard. So, next time you have a three-day weekend, back your bags and go for a DRIVE!
PS. If you want to check out my post from last year's President's Day Weekend in Yakima, you can view it HERE.


No comments:
Post a Comment