Wednesday, May 28, 2014

GAZE

1) to look steadily and intently, as with great curiosity, interest, pleasure, or wonder

It is a tradition that we, as sisters, visit the Mount Vernon tulips every April to gaze at the rows and rows of color and beauty. Following our tulip viewing, we head over to Calle -- for our favorite food, street tacos! To me, it doesn't feel like spring is here until I see those tulips!

Last year my sisters and I thought this would be the perfect setting for a photo that we would later give to our mom on Mother's Day in the form of a canvas print. See below!
Mom loved it so much that she wanted to come with us on our annual tulip trip this year! Due to busy schedules, we had to pick a weekend that was a little early in the season -- so we ended up with spectacular weather but less tulip blossoms than we were used to seeing. 
Nevertheless, we still had a wonderful day together and got our annual Calle fix! No matter how many times I see the tulips, I am always in awe of how beautiful the fields are. I am already looking forward to next year, as we take our mini-road trip to the tulip fields and GAZE

1 comment:

Moey said...

Great family day and gorgeous spring weather! Couldn't be happier spending the day with our girls, and gazing at Nature's wonderful tulips…and Calle's crazy good enchiladas'.