May 4th made my heart swell.
On May 4th, one of my very best friends got engaged to her knight in shinning armor. Shannon was given the day she had been waiting for, and it manifested itself on a pier in New Port Beach, CA. I am so thankful there were family members planted nearby who caught the most priceless pictures -- because Shannon, your smile is one of the most beautiful.
I was elated to hear news of her engagement and LOVED talking to her right after it happened. I could hear a smile on her voice and I could hear her heart laugh with excitement. A new chapter is beginning, and it is destined to be a wonderful one.
A few weeks ago Shannon made it home for a visit, and she told me she had an important question for me...
"Will you be my bridesmaid?", she asked. "YES!", I exclaimed.
Shannon, I am beyond thrilled to be one of your bridesmaids. I cannot wait to proudly stand by your side and bear witness to the love that you and KK share. You two have been through fun times and hard times, laughter and tears and I know each moment has made you stronger as a couple. I love the playful nature you and KK share, and most importantly I trust him as a provider and life partner for you.
As you prepare for your wedding day, here is my wish for you:
"Love, be true to her;
Life, be dear to her;
Health, stay close to her;
Joy, draw near to her;
Fortune, find what you can do for her,
Follow her footsteps the wide world over--
And keep her husband always her lover." -Anna Lewis
I am here for you every step of the way as your best friend and bridesmaid. The countdown is on for your big day when you EXCLAIM, "I DO"!

1 comment:
Two great friends. I have seen you divide grief, and multiply joy~together. Your friendship is such a blessing.
Post a Comment