Wednesday, January 1, 2014

RESOLVE (2014 edition)

1) to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do something)

One of my all-time favorite parts of the year is the period between Christmas and New Years. Some people love the "spring cleaning" concept -- but for me, it is now that I feel the refreshing, renewal, kick-start phase. I love cleaning out the old, organizing the new, and setting myself up for a new year.

2013 brought wonderful memories beyond my wildest dreams, really and truly. It was a year abundant in blessings, some of which I couldn't see at the time but have now come into full focus.
“Your journey has molded you for the greater good, 
and it was exactly what it needed to be. 
Don't think that you've lost time. 
It took each and every situation you have 
encountered to bring you to the now. 
And now is right on time.” 
-Asha Tyson

As I sat down to hammer out my resolutions, I did some good ol' fashioned journaling via Lara Casey's goal setting prompts (if you are looking for some inspiration for your resolutions -- check them out!). As I worked through the questions and reflected on the past year, I found myself really zeroing in on the idea that "now is right on time" and I ended up with more of a mantra for 2014 than a set of resolutions.

“Everything changed the day she figured out 
there was exactly enough time for the important things in her life.”


Now is on time.
Be here now.

In 2014, I want to BE PRESENT and to focus on what matters most. I want to work smart and efficiently. I want to give my time to the things that keep my anchored. And I want to be true to myself.

My mantra for 2014:

BE
Pray honestly and often
Run, lift, and practice yoga
Eat clean and fall in love with water
Save weekly
Establish balance
Nix the negative
Travel near or far

I still plan on jotting down a few specific goals but for now, I am excited about focusing on this mantra. From yoga, I have learned about the strength that comes with focusing the mind -- and I am looking forward transitioning this concept from my yoga practice into my everyday life. I also was pleasantly surprised that this mantra of mine is fully comprised of verbs -- 2014 you are going to be action-packed!

Where are you at with your goal setting? Do you use a vision board? What will you give your focus to in 2014? Again, Let me encourage you to challenge yourself fully in whatever you RESOLVE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my goals for 2014 is to spread the valuable Blog-wisdon I discover. Yours in particular! What's the best way to do so?

Unknown said...

Social media!