Thursday, January 3, 2013

MERRY

1) to cause the feeling of cheerfulness or gaiety in spirit 
2) to create laughing happily, festively joyous moments, and/or a merrytime at the party
3) to bring happiness and/or delight

The past holiday season was, without a doubt, the busiest holiday season I have ever experienced -- but it was also one of the very best. Full of merry-ing and marrying (ok ok, so maybe "merry" isn't an actual verb, but go with it)! 

The week before Christmas, I flew out to Chicago to see my beautiful Big sister from my sorority tie the knot with her prince charming! And if that isn't awesome enough I got to stay with my Little sister for the week, as they are both from the Chicago area. This trip was a SERIOUS Michigan Alpha Pi Beta Phi reunion and my heart is still bursting with happiness from those six days of merry-ing. 

It is crazy to think that it has been at least two years since I have seen some of those girls, although it genuinely felt as if I saw them yesterday. While we were in college I spent practically every waking moment with my girls. In many ways, my sisters made my college experience complete and I truly cannot imagine life without them. My Big and I used to always sing this one song we liked to each other...it kind of began as a funny thing we did, then we made it "our thing", and then I think the more we sang it the more it actually became true..."I can change your life, if you'll let me..."

I arrived Tuesday evening, spent time with my Little's family on Wednesday, went to the bachelorette party on Thursday night (thankfully the world didn't end!), spent time in Chicago with my Little on Friday, attended the wedding on Saturday, and flew home Sunday. Although I would have loved more time with my girls, it just made us promise even more that we would plan another reunion...SOON!
 

I am so very thankful I could be present on my Big's special day. Besides the fact that she looked stunning beyond words, every last detail was perfect: from the post card themed guest book, to the chalk boards with adorable sayings on them, to the shout outs to "the bride's college girls", to the sparkler send off. The only thing more perfect than the wedding day is the love these two have for each other.  



Big -- I hope your day was everything that you dreamed it would be because in my humble opinion, it was flawless. I cannot wait until I get to see you again but until then... I will start practicing spelling your new last name!

The holiday season is always very busy, but remember to make time to...
MERRY!


No comments: