2) to take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly
3) to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity
4) to adopt
5) to take in with the eye or the mind
We are already two weeks into July -- and I haven't had the chance to recap June! I am coming to the realization that I just need to give in and embrace life as time files by. There is no stopping time and rather than wishing I could slow things down I need to receive each moment gladly and eagerly.
If you remember, May's focus was to give everything a "try" and to learn how I can better deal with "trying" situations. I want to continue that this month by embracing whatever comes at me, embracing whatever my situation is, and embracing those I love.
I embraced a lot of change in June: my car celebrated its first birthday, Sebastian started Law School, another class of graduates entered the "real world", I painted my wall (more to come on that still!), and much more...
But by far the biggest change I experienced was having my work teammate, mentor, and friend go on maternity leave.
For the majority of projects at work, Lisa and I work together -- everyday. She has taught me everything I know about working at HMG, she has trained me on everything I have learned client services related and she has sharpened me to become the Account Executive I am today. I have her to thank for my professional growth and development thus far in my career.
Not only do we work closely, but we have developed a friendship over the last year and a half that I am absolutely loving. This lady keeps me on my toes and has more zingers than anyone I know. Plus, anyone who can watch "Kittens Inspired by Kiittens" or "the falling Girl Scout Girl" daily, has a special place in my heart.
On June 24th, Lisa and her husband welcomed Hadley Makenna to the world at 8 lbs 10 oz and 20 3/4" tall. She is a beautiful, healthy baby with the longest fingers I have ever seen! I am so thankful that I could be in Lisa's life as she transitioned into motherhood and I am looking forward to watching her raise little Lisa Jr. Thankfully she sends a lot of cute pictures, which makes her maternity leave a little more bearable.
But by far the biggest change I experienced was having my work teammate, mentor, and friend go on maternity leave.
For the majority of projects at work, Lisa and I work together -- everyday. She has taught me everything I know about working at HMG, she has trained me on everything I have learned client services related and she has sharpened me to become the Account Executive I am today. I have her to thank for my professional growth and development thus far in my career.
Not only do we work closely, but we have developed a friendship over the last year and a half that I am absolutely loving. This lady keeps me on my toes and has more zingers than anyone I know. Plus, anyone who can watch "Kittens Inspired by Kiittens" or "the falling Girl Scout Girl" daily, has a special place in my heart.
On June 24th, Lisa and her husband welcomed Hadley Makenna to the world at 8 lbs 10 oz and 20 3/4" tall. She is a beautiful, healthy baby with the longest fingers I have ever seen! I am so thankful that I could be in Lisa's life as she transitioned into motherhood and I am looking forward to watching her raise little Lisa Jr. Thankfully she sends a lot of cute pictures, which makes her maternity leave a little more bearable.
June Photo-a-Day Recap



2 comments:
♡ another very sweet blog post!
♡ another very sweet blog post!
Post a Comment